Food Spot | Tong Yang Plus

By huayyu - 12/31/2019


This is not the first time that I have eaten at Tong Yang but a first at Tong Yang Plus.  If I have one word to describe the whole experience, it was a really utter disappointment.  Sad to say but true.


In all of the restaurants that I have tried this one is really so bad that I haven't even started eating yet, I am regretting already that we decided to eat at Tong Yang Plus.  And no this is really no exaggeration.  It took me a while if I would post this but I owed it to my readers to have an honest review about the things that I have really tried.

I love hotpots and if you have seen my previous articles, you would also know that I love grilling.  I think this is the first time that I have been so disappointed with a hotpot restaurant.

We decided to try Tong Yang Plus because when we first went to Ayala Mall in Manila Bay, we saw it and saw that it was a bit different from their branch in Robinson's Place Manila.  Since this one is a Plus, we thought that they offer better food than Tong Yang.

First, the ambiance of the restaurant is really good.  It has the same level of decor with Four Seasons Buffet and Hotpot.  You might be wondering why I am comparing both, it is because both restaurants are owned by Vikings Group.



The only difference is that the induction cooker at Tong Yang Plus is solo instead of a big one.  Which is one of the reasons why we wanted to try Tong Yang Plus.


Before I start, their rate for the weekend (since we went on a Sunday) is Php 738.00 per person.  So why was I disappointed?  First, of, there are very limited food choices!!!  As soon as I saw the food, I am already regretting going there.  Just a few selections of chicken and mostly intestines.  A lot of people don't eat intestines but I guess they only cater to intestine lovers.  Cooked food?  Less than 10 dishes!!!  Seafood?  There are no shrimps except for the tempura and no crabs either.  Shabu balls?  Less than 10 choices as well.  Dessert?  5 choices maybe.  One good thing?  The sliced meat definitely saved the day.






You might ask why I have no picture of the cooked food and the reason for that is there is no food left for me to take a picture.   Disappointingly, there are almost no food left which made me lose interest in eating.






I even had to use a child plate because there are no sauce dishes available.


Overall, I feel like I have been duped because their rate is not cheap and at the price of Php 738.00 I would just need to add at least a Php100 more to eat at Four Seasons Buffet which serves shrimps and scallops.  Even Tong Yang in Robinson's Place Manila is better than Tong Yang Plus.

I am giving them a benefit of a doubt that they are a newly opened restaurant and maybe they will improve in the future.  But they sure do need to improve a lot.

Tong Yang Plus Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato TONG YANG PLUS MANILA BAY

ADDRESS: Third Floor, Ayala Malls Manila Bay, Aseana Avenue, Entertainment City, ParaƱaque City
PHONE NUMBER: 63 2 88454647
OPERATING HOURS: 11:00AM to 2:30PM | 5:30PM to 10:00PM

Download the Eatigo app to get discounts of up to 50%.  For the first time Eatigo users, you can download the app by clicking the link below and get a Php50 voucher by entering my referral code.  Take note that you could get the voucher if you use both my link and my referral code.  This only applies to those who have never downloaded the app before.  Points will be earned after attending the first reservation.  You can check out my review of Eatigo here.


REFERRAL CODE:
SETxEatigo




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments