Food Spot | XO 46

By huayyu - 5/04/2018

XO 46

If you are a tourist who wants to experience Filipino food and culture or a person who just loves Filipino food then this is the restaurant for you.

XO 46 Heritage Bistro is not just your ordinary Filipino restaurant. Aside from serving great food, they also speak in a somewhat Spanish sort of Filipino language.  Why somewhat Spanish?  Because they use Senorita (Miss) instead of Binibining (Miss).

Since the restaurant is a bit small, they are already full when we went there so we had to wait for a bit.  Their service is great.  Since the staff knew that we were waiting for the table, once a table is available, they cleared it right away and called us.  To keep us from getting impatient, they served a complimentary Puto (steamed sweet cake).   I love their Puto because it was made in a way that when you eat it, it sticks together instead of falling apart.

XO 46 Appetizer

For our appetizer, we chose Pritong Pusit na Malutong (Crispy Squid).  Since I am allergic to squid, I was not able to taste the dish but from what my family told me, they said that the squid is not tough and the batter tastes good.

XO 46 Pritong Pusit na Malutong

For the soup, we chose Suam Na Mais sa Alimasag ( soup in corn and blue crab).  For those who have been following my blog know that I am very picky when it comes to the smell of food.  The soup is okay but I don't like the strong smell (this is just my preference).  My sisters though both love the soup so I guess it really is just me and my nose.  What I do love about this soup is that it contains real crab.  Some restaurants will say in their menu that it contains crab but when it is served there are no crabs.  But for this one, there are a lot of crab meats.

XO 46 Suam na Mais sa Alimasag

We ordered Gising Gising (green beans cooked in coconut milk) for our vegetable dish.  I love coconut milk so this one is one of the must ordered dishes here.  Although I got a little confused with the color of their Gising Gising.  Normally, it would look white but theirs is orange.  My guess is that they added an ingredient to make the color look that way.  Nevertheless, it was still delicious.  You might finish a lot of rice since this is best paired with white rice.

XO 46 Gising Gising

For our main dishes, we ordered Kinunot na Isda and Crispy Pata XO Style.  Crispy Pata is one of the local dishes that you should order when in the Philippines.  The locals love Crispy Pata but a warning, do not eat too much because it can cause High Blood Pressure (or other related illness) due to the high-fat content of the dish.

XO 46 Kinunot na Isda

XO 46 Crispy Pata

Lastly, I ordered a Sago't Gulaman (tapioca and jelly) to finish off my meal.

XO 46 Sago't Gulaman

They also gave us complimentary Chocnut.

XO 46 Chocnut

I definitely recommend eating here especially to those who want to experience Filipino dishes and culture.  It's like traveling back in time.

XO 46 Heritage Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato XO 46 HERITAGE BISTRO (MALL OF ASIA COMPLEX BRANCH)

ADDRESS: Level 2, S Maison, Conrad Manila, Seaside Boulevard Corner Coral Way, Mall of Asia Complex (MOA), Pasay City
PHONE NUMBER: +63 2 805-3850
OPENING HOURS: 11:00AM - 10:00PM

Download the Eatigo app to get discounts of up to 50%.  For the first time Eatigo users, you can download the app by clicking the link below and get a Php50 voucher by entering my referral code.  Take note that you could get the voucher if you use both my link and my referral code.  This only applies to those who have never downloaded the app before.

REFERRAL CODE:
SETxEatigo




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments